Sundays

I have many fond memories of working in the West Town Mall. Not all are bad, in fact most have been fun and have helped mold me into the person I am today. Over the many years of working in retail I have made many forever friends and forever customers. Bosses that have truly taught me what being a good manager is all about, and some that have taught me how not to manage. 

The store that I work at currently is crazy busy and could always be stressful, but it is not.  We have a great team of people working toward a common goal. That common goal may not always be the right one, making money, but usually to get the store straight and all the clothes that have been tried on put back into the proper place. Working toward a common goal with people helps moral and everything get accomplished quicker, however, it can also be inspiring and build good relationships with people. The networking alone I have gained from working in retail has shown to be invaluable. Besides any good manager knows that the good people you want to keep usually don't stay around for that long because it is easier for them to get promoted and go on to bigger and better things. The point is that my work in and of itself is not always so terrible, it is just situations that happen can be terrible and annoying.

For example, it is annoying when people try to come to the mall at 5:55 on a Sunday. Come on everyone. I know for a fact that the mall has always closed at 6:00 on Sundays so I don't feel like this should be a surprise for anyone. I also should not get dirty looks when I tell someone that is trying to come in at 6:05 that we are closing. I mean hello it is Sunday after all. I like to have family day on Sundays too, and if I could be ruler of mall hours the mall would be closed on Sundays just so everyone could have a day off in the week. 

Comments

Popular Posts